Oil Boiler Services
Save Money & Get Your Boiler Regularly Serviced!An un-serviced boiler works less efficiently and will burn unnecessary fuel. Regularly servicing your boiler will save you up to €150 a year in fuel costs and will help prolong the boiler's life and diminish the risk of faults developing that could be expensive to repair if not detected promptly
The Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI) recommends at least an annual boiler safety check and service. Only a professional heating engineer should carry out this boiler service; making sure that your boiler is functioning properly to the manufacturer's design specifications.
What Does Our Boiler Service Ential?Our service includes a complete examination of the pipe work, ventilation and clearances etc of the boiler. The system is inspected, cleaned and reassembled. All the boiler functions are tested for safe and correct operation and a combustion efficiency test is carried out to ensure that the boiler is operating to optimal performance levels.
Oil Boiler Service Check List
- Check for presence of any oil leaks from tank and above ground piping/fittings
- Check for any significant corrosion on the boilers outer sheet metal, its cast-iron sections, flue, electrical controls, nearby piping and components.
- Check for presence of any cracks in the firebox or on the target wall
- Check the draft regulator for free movement
Boiler Maintenance Checks
- Replace fuel filter
- Check operation of oil shut-off valve
- Check air inlets to boiler room and burner for blockage/size
- Check for cracks/damage to burner refractory
- Clean/adjust spark electrodes
- Clean burner diffuser and air tube
- Check ignition transformer, HT cable and porcelain for cracking/deterioration
- Check operation of draught stabilizer
- Check/clean flame photocell
- Clean boiler gas side heat transfer surfaces.
- Check operation of high limit thermostat
- Replace burner nozzle
- Adjust burner pressure and diffuser plate to obtain correct flame shape/length
- Check operation of flame failure device